We go to the doc on Wednesday for her 9 month well visit, so I'll have stats then. I'm guessing she's between 14 1/2 and 15 pounds.
She's wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes. Some of her 3 month clothes still fit, too.
She's in a size 2 diaper.
She eats a lot... solids twice a day (usually) and lots of Mommy's milk and some Neosure to help her pack on the pounds. :)
My girl is teething. None have broken through yet, but there are two that are really close. God love her. I don't blame her for hating it... she's not too fussy, but she chews on everything in sight... and the drool. Oh, the drool. We go through a few bibs a day just because they're soaked. Gotta love it. :)
Addie has gotten so much more active lately! Here she is in her Jenny Jump-up for the first time. Was it a hit? I think so. :) She loves moving and knowing what is going on everywhere. I love how curious she is!
She always sits with her little feet like this. I just love these little piggies! :)
Addie has found her feet! She looks at them sometimes like she's so happy that they're still attached to her legs. :) She's like, "Hey! Y'all are still down there! Sweet!" I promise she has toys, but this day she chose to chew her toes instead. Don't worry... they were clean... enough.
Addie loves to laugh! We've figured out how to make her just giggle and giggle... we tickle her and she laughs the sweetest laugh I've ever heard! You can hear it all through the house! Eric is so good at getting her to laugh... especially when I take pictures of her. She thinks he is hysterical! :)
I love how alert she is these days! She lights up when we come in the room... she turns to see us when she hears our voices... and she wants us when she's unsure of a situation... does it get any better than that when you're a Mommy or a Daddy? I think not. We love that she loves us. :)
Bathtime is still such a sweet time. Now that she's used to her big girl tub, she is loving it! One of my favorite things in the world is wrapping her tiny wet body in a big warm towel after she gets out of the tub. Moments like that are what life is all about, folks. Don't believe me? Come over around 8:00 any night, and I'll show you. :)
Happy 9 month birthday, love! You are just amazing. That's all there is to it.
In honor of today, I'm going to list 10 things we are loving about our little girl:
1. Addie is SO proud when she sits up by herself! She gets the biggest grin on her face, and just sits and sits and sits. She doesn't even need to be entertained. She loves to just look around and be a part of our conversations!
2. Addie is loving her solid foods (not sure why they're called solids... they're still pretty runny at stage 1, but whatever)! She's getting much better at keeping food in her mouth despite this picture! She is so Movey Moverson that sometimes I miss her mouth, and food ends up on her bib.. and in her nose... and on her clothes... and in her high chair. :)
3. Bows. Where would I be without them? ha I know that some folks think they're crazy, but I just don't care. I love them! I've even converted my manly man of a husband into loving them on Addie! I know the day may come when she won't want to wear them, so I am enjoying every minute of them now! :)
4. Watching this sweet thing in her exersaucer is one of the most entertaining things we do! She is hysterical! It's like we put her in a brand new exersaucer every day! She looks at it like it's so exciting and so new, as if to say, "You guys are the best! Thanks so much for getting me this thing!" Best money that's been spent in a long time... God bless the exersaucer. :)
5. Her pajamas. She just looks stinkin' cute in them (even these ugly UT ones :). We love to cuddle with her before she goes to sleep, and we love how snuggly she is when she wakes up each morning. Nothing says "cute baby" like a sweet pair of pjs!
6. Girl. can. scream. Now, we're not talking about scared or hungry or tired screams. We're talking just screaming-because-I-can screams. They are so funny! She makes a noise, looks at us like, "Did y'all hear that?" ...and then she proceeds to make the same noise over and over. :) Yes, it's cute now, but before too long, I know that it won't be as cute. :)
7. Sweet Cheeks loves to be outside! This makes me so happy. Now that the weather is starting to cool down (with the exception of the past few hot as you know what days), we spend a lot of time out there! We're looking forward to many more fall Tennessee days!
8. Addie has just recently learned this little trick... talk about a lifesaver!! :) This saves Mommy and Daddy a ton of time, and she is just as proud that she can do it all by herself! If she sees her bottle, she reaches both hands out and grabs it! It took her a little while to figure out how to get it right to her mouth, but she's got it now! Sweet!
9. This little girl has gone through three bathtubs in her 7 months at home with us. Here is her latest "big girl" tub! At first, she was a little skeptical of sitting up in the tub, but once she figured out that she could get to her toys, she is all for it! As you can see, sometimes she'd rather eat the toys. :)
10. I love baby socks! This is just one of her new "fall" pairs... I just think they're adorable! The little grippers are awesome, too! :) Thankfully, she hasn't figured out how to pull them off of her feet... yet.
This is just a short list of things we love about our munchkin... more to come on Friday when she'll be (gasp) 9 months old! :)
We were married on July 5, 2008. We welcomed our first child, Adelyn Noelle, on January 15, 2010. "Addie" was 13 weeks early, but she is doing well! She's our little miracle, and we can't wait to see the plans God has for her! Our second miracle girl, Ava Rae, was born on March 14, 2013! Our family is now complete with Addie and Ava. :) We are loving being married and being parents...and doing what we can to glorify God with our life together. :)