Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Paw Paw.

Sometimes in life, you come to situations when you wonder what God has in store for you.  You wonder what the next day will bring, what will happen next month, what will happen during the next year.  You wonder where you'll go, who you'll meet, who will leave this life... so many things change, but thankfully, during all of this, you hopefully know the One that is in charge of all of those "wonders."  

I am SO thankful to know that God was in control of my Paw Paw's life... especially during the past few weeks.  On January 16, just three days before his 92nd birthday, he went into the hospital for the final time.  He had pneumonia which led to a host of other issues that his body just could not handle.  He died on January 26 leaving behind his wife of 73 years... yes, 73 years!... my Maw Maw.  He also left his seven children, my Daddy included.  He had 21 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren (and 2 on the way), and 1 great-great-grandchild (and 1 on the way).  What an amazing life he lived.  What an amazing family he started. :)

Eric, Addie, and I just got back yesterday from a few days in Mississippi.  It was great to be surrounded by my family.  We don't get to see each other that often, and although the circumstances were less than desirable, it was still awesome to be with them.  There is something about being with the people you know and love... who know and love you... who you've grown up with and now you're raising children with... it's just great, and I know that's what my Paw Paw would have wanted (if he was in a good mood! ha! :).  I love my Tennessee family, don't get me wrong, but I know you know what I mean when I say that there's nothing like your hometown family.  Anyway... I'm such a rambler... here are some pictures I found of us with my grandpa:

Our wedding day :)

The Wieniewitz side of the family at our reception

 Wieniewitz Family Thanksgiving, 2008

 My Daddy's family (he's the handsome one... third from the right :)
Thanksgiving, 2008



Our families with our babies :)

 Sweet moment at Wieniewitz Thanksgiving, 2010

Our family
Thanksgiving, 2010

 This is one from years ago, but it is a great one.
We love you and miss you already, Paw Paw!

Everyone remember: hug your loved ones a little bit extra tonight. :)

No comments :