Monday, March 23, 2009

The Family Hall of Famer

My Daddy Bob is a member of the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame. For some bizarre reason, I remember when he was inducted in 1985. Sure, I can't remember what I need at the grocery store, but I certainly remember a long ceremony for my grandfather that was held when I was barely 4 years old. Go figure.

Anyway, Eric and I met Mama, Daddy, and Daddy Bob in Jackson, MS, a few weeks ago and while we were there we walked through the MS Sports Hall of Fame Museum. It was so neat to see pictures of and memorabilia about all of the people my grandfather knew. Here is my Daddy Bob by his picture:

...and here is a close-up of his plaque.
I'm one proud grand-daughter. :)Stay tuned for pictures of our birthday weekend with Daddy Bob! He turned the big 8-0 on March 2, so our family is meeting in Birmingham this weekend to celebrate. We are staying by a golf resort (with shopping nearby, of course) which will be perfect. We are very excited!

1 comment :

Nonna said...

I love this little tribute to Dad! Can't wait 'til Friday to see y'all AT the resort! :)