Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One year!

**I just had time to check my posts, and I realized that I hadn't posted this one from about a month ago! :)

This past Saturday marked one year since we brought Addie home from the hospital!  What an amazing year it has been!

I just watched her that night as she maneuvered her way around her house... I thought of all the ways our house has changed since she finally came home.  Instead of clean windows and glass doors we now have windows and doors with tiny fingerprints and smudges on them.  Instead of clean wood floors we now have wood floors marked with bits of cookies, splashes of milk, and toys galore. Instead of a corner devoted to Daddy's recliner, we now have "Addie's Corner," complete with a pretty foam mat, a miniature plush chair, and about a gazillion toys. Instead of shelves covered with pictures and such, we now have shelves with pictures of Addie and bottom shelves that are now home to children's books and puzzles. Instead of cabinets that open with ease we have cabinets with latches on them that sometimes frustrate Mama, Daddy, and our house guests.  The stairs are now blocked with a fancy gate... the outlets are covered and the cords are all tucked away... every room in the house has a few toys in it just in case it has a scooting visitor come through... every room now has a fan in case that same scooting visitor comes in since she is so hot-natured. :)

Everything is different... but everything is perfect.
I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm pretty sure Addie's once neat-freak father wouldn't change it for the world, either. :)

1 comment :

Emily said...

I completely agree....I have dreamed about this day and I look around our house with some many changes and I am so thankful even for the messes! Cannot wait to see you guys on Sunday!