Thursday, January 21, 2010

Love.

I am in it.  I can just stare and stare at this sweet baby girl who, a week ago, was still growing inside of me.  The week has been so eventful... honestly, it feels like longer than a week.  Thankfully, it's been a great week!  Praise the Lord!




Here is the latest information about our angel:

-Addie has progressed from 1cc of Mommy's milk to 18ccs starting tonight!  She is digesting the milk so well, and I am SO thankful.  One of my first worries was that my milk would not agree with her, but I let God handle that one, and He totally took care of it! :)  18ccs is a normal amount for a baby her size, so we are excited!



-She is down to 3 liters of VapoTherm (these are the two little tubes in her nose that help her remember to breathe).  She started at 6 liters, so getting down to 3 is a big accomplishment!  She is breathing room air---another big deal!  Addie works hard when she is breathing so much on her own, but we are so proud of her! :) She's a little fighter!





-One of the most amazing things that the doctors do for NICU babies is run their IV through their umbilical cords... I mean, really.  How freakin' smart is that?  They don't have to prick the babies to draw blood or feed them or anything.  I think it is awesome that they just do all of that through the umbilical cord!  Anywho, they've been feeding her lipids and other vitamins and minerals through that IV line, but tonight they are planning to remove it!  She will get her nutrition through my milk and some vitamins they add to it.  The vitamins are actually something that NICU babies take for a year after they are born, so we'll add it to her milk once a day after she comes home. :)  I love that sentence... after she comes home.  I can't wait for that day.  I actually have had a dream or two about that day... :)




That's pretty much it for now... aside from being the sweetest baby I have ever seen, she is doing very well.  The prayers are being said for Addie are truly felt and seen each time we look at her sweet face.  God is doing awesome things through her, and I know that He has a great plan for her life.  He is using her tiny little body to do some pretty big things... not only in my life and in Eric's life, but in the lives of some other people who have shared their stories.  I am not one to fish for compliments or messages/comments on my blog or facebook, but these days, hearing from others makes the day a little easier.  I would love to hear from anyone who stops by to check in on Addie, so feel free to leave me a note. :)


As always, thank you so much for your prayers, concern, and support for us through such an emotional, incredible time.  God is so good.


P.S. On a side note, I am also praising God tonight for working out my work situation... I was worried about what would happen since my maternity leave began much, much earlier than I planned.  I am a planner, and this totally stressed me out at a time when more stress was really not healthy. :)  Again, God worked it out and now things are groovy.  I can be out as much as I need to be with Addie and that makes my heart smile. :)


11 comments :

dcraft said...

I am so happy to hear this update on Addie. She is so precious. I'm still praying for her.

I am so glad I can keep up with y'all on your blog!

Janelle Hytree said...

I love seeing your pictures and updates! I look forward to them each evening! I am so glad that Addie is doing so well. You and Addie are never far from my thoughts. She is so beautiful!

Melissa said...

Checking in on you and Addie (and Eric) often. Love seeing your updates here and on Facebook, and so happy for you that little Addie is doing so well. We'll continue praying for all of you and can't wait for the day you get to bring her home.

Much love and well wishes from Colorado! ~The Tardiff Family

Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

Oh Johnell, LOVE all the updates. I have been thinking about you and Addie constantly and it is so great to read your words. What a precious little baby girl. I also can't wait until she is home with you & Eric. Continually praying for you....keep the updates coming.

Much love,
Corrie

Unknown said...

Johnell...I'm reading your blog and I'm overwhelmed with emotion for Addie, for you, for your wonderful marriage (that I envy to my very core!!!), for how lucky all of you are. Is luck the right word, really? Probably not. You are an incredible, awesome person, and I'm glad to have had the privilege to share even that small part of your life in middle school. You rock, girlfriend! Can't wait to read what comes next!

Love you,
Sally

Ashley Rector said...

Just checking on sweet baby Addie. I'm so happy she's doing so well. You three are in my thoughts and prayers daily and my classes continue to pray for "Mrs. Rector's friend's baby." Your blog is amazing!
Much Love,
Tremmel

Unknown said...

Johnell-way, I so thankful I found your blog. I had no idea this was going on in your life. Praying without ceasing and thanking God for each small step in this tiny miracle's life! - "porter"

Unknown said...

Johnell! I just got done reading through - I mean crying through - your blog! What an amazing sweet miracle Addie is. (Love the name by the way!) ;) You three are all in my prayers and I am so incredibly happy for you. You look amazing and I pray that everything will continue to go well as that sweet baby grows and grows each day. I will definitely keep checking back for updates!
Love, Jen

alambers said...

Mrs. Jackson,

This is Ashley and Abbey and we wanted to tell you that we love looking at Addies pictures every night and like to read how she is doing. We think she is the cutest thing. We pray for her every night. We cant wait to babysit her soon. We love you, baby addie and Mr.Eric

Love, Ashley and Abbey Lambers

Kyla said...

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. It is so nice to hear/see God answering the prayers I am praying so quickly. I cannot wait to see her. I have already started shopping for her :) Know that we missyou at school, but are so happy you are where you are! Focus on that sweet baby girl and know that things at school are taken care of! Love, Kyla

Nonna said...

Isn't it amazing that we trust in God's perfect plan and pray for His blessings...and then He just showers us with miraculous blessings that are far greater than we could ever imagine?! Precious Addie is definitely one of those blessings! Only God could create such a tremedous blessing in such a teeny, tiny gift! Your blessings = my blessings! I love you bunches!