Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Thank you, Addie :)

I have realized so much over the past few days thanks to the arrival of my bundle of joy. :) I reflected a lot on these things today and I wanted to make sure I got them on here before I forget them... :)


-I see, beyond a shadow of a doubt, what an awesome God we serve! I mean really... anyone who does not believe in God has apparently never experienced the birth of a child. There is no way that this could just happen. Addie was so perfectly formed by God. He knew exactly what she would need and exactly how big she would need to be to come into the world when she did. He knew that we would need to be her parents... He knew that we would need people in our lives to help support us through this... He knows what nurses and doctors need to take care of her and help her grow... He knows the amazing plans he has for Addie and for us as her parents. He just knows. What a great comfort it is for us to know that HE knows. :)


-I now see my husband in an entirely different light. I knew I would continue to love him more and more as the years went by, but I never imagined how quickly my love would grow after Addie was born! Eric is just awesome! I swear, I hope other women have such great husbands to support them during such a crazy, hormonal time. He supports, encourages, loves, helps, talks, cries, loves... I could go on and on. I just sit sometimes and can't believe God chose him for me. :)


-I also see how a child changes everything in an instant. I have so many other things going on in my world that I could be concerned with, but she is now our priority. Even though it's only been four days, I find myself not worrying so much about the small stuff... cleaning that load of laundry, washing those dishes, resting my swollen feet, where we'll get money to pay for everything, etc. Eric and I are now focused on God, each other, and our baby girl. We can't help but trust that God will provide all we need.


So, sweet Addie, one day you'll read this... thank you for coming into our life. Thank you for being you, sweet girl. Your Mommy and Daddy love you more than you'll ever know! :)

4 comments :

Aunt Julie said...

This is so beautifully written, Johnell! Addie is so lucky to have such wonderful, loving and thoughtful parents. She will absolutely cherish this as she grows up! I love you very much and thank God so much for allowing us to have you as a part of our family. The love we all share for each other will be given to Addie in abundance!

Karen said...

Amen, sister! God is truly amazing! You and Eric are doing the right thing.... leaning on each other and keeping God in the center. He will continue to bless you all as you do this. Children do change your life.... there is nothing quite like it! It gives you a whole new perspective. We are still lifting you all up in prayer!

Anonymous said...

That was just beautiful. As I sit here in the Library, with tears flowing, I am smiling just thinking about how God has blessed you. I bet there are many more to come. Glad to here the joy in your "voice".
Hope

Nonna said...

Isn't it just awesome how God reminds us of things He doesn't want us to forget?! I thank Him for constantly reminding me why you've always brought me such joy!You, Johnell, are truly beautiful, inside and out!
Your joy = my joy!
I love you bunches!