Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yes, sir... that's my baby!

We have had a great couple of days!  When Addie doesn't change much, it's a blessing. :)  Her stats are about the same except for the fact that she has GAINED two ounces!  Woot woot! :)  She is now a whopping 2 pounds 13 ounces! :)  We're almost back to her birth weight, and that is fantastic!  We are praising the Lord for this and praying that the trend continues.  We get to put t-shirts and onesies on her when she weighs 3 pounds.  I can't wait!  Here is a pic that Nurse April took of her when she was wearing her strawberry hat (thanks, Mrs. Caron!)... the nurses just loved it!  What is even better about this pic is that she doesn't have her feeding tube in her mouth.  Addie pulled it out earlier this morning (who can blame her?!), so the nurse grabbed her camera to show how precious she is without that thing in her mouth!  Major brownie points for Nurse April! :)



Hello world!  Don't you just love my sweet cheeks? :)


Eric and I also got to hold her again today!  We do "kangaroo care" when we can which is when we have skin-to-skin contact.  It is very beneficial for preemies, and I've researched it a lot... there are a ton of studies that show the benefits of kangaroo care so we are all for it!  The nurse just puts her under my neck/on my chest, and Addie just curls up and falls asleep.  Melts me every. single. time.  I cannot express the feeling of holding your child when all you've done is watched her through plastic since she was born.  Don't get me wrong, I am SO thankful for that plastic Giraffe that protects my sweet baby, but I cannot wait for the day that Eric and I can hold her and touch her anytime we want!  I know that the NICU is the best place for her, but sometimes I get selfish and just want her home.  Lord, give me patience to wait for the day we get to bring her home with us...


Here are a few pictures from our time today:
 
Mommy and me... this is Mommy trying to hold back the tears...


 
Look at all of that hair!  We love it!  I can't wait to put a bow in there! :)




Daddy and me... I love being in Daddy's arms!




...and he loves me, too! :)

Thank you all again for the support and prayers!  I know I say that every time, but we really, really do feel your prayers every single day.  I'm not quite sure how people survive without God... especially during times like these.  I'm hoping that our story reaches someone who needs to know God and that they would come to see how amazing He is.

8 comments :

Nonna said...

I love, love, love that little girl! What a beautiful face! Miss Addie is making quite a fashion statement in her adorable strawberry hat! And...Oh! Wow! The pics of you and Eric with precious Addie bring tears to my eyes! Thank You, God, for bringing me such joy through my children! Thank You for the memories of this day! :)

Today's Fordcast - Sunny said...

Sweatest thing ever.... We love you guys! *and yes, God is a requirement! ;-)

A. Az ;0) said...

OK... I am at work and tears are streaming down my face after looking at her newest pictures!!! AHH I cannot wait to see that sweet baby!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

She's precious and you look beautiful!

JB said...

Just precious! Love all the pictures, but the hat one is just too cute! Thanks for all the updates!

dcraft said...

These pictures are beautiful! She is so precious.

Tonya C. said...

aahhmmmm....she's such an angel... :)

Kelly Grant said...

I am so glad to hear all the great news about weight gain!!!! YAY!!! You look great, Johnell! I love hearing about the progress! She is a jewel; looks like she might have YOUR hair color :)